Thursday, October 3, 2013

Super Hero - Peter

Acts 2:29-42
Superheroes - Peter 
Miracles will happen
120 about our size were gathered and nervous. 
Why are we here today?
"Jesus you can't leave us" Peter
Jesus- You don't see God's plan
He's the one who just identified Jesus as the Messiah. Rock and then doubt
 My decision or God's decision
Provenient Grace. There before we knew we wanted/needed it. Emmaus 
Holy Spirit is within us doesn't mean we are choosing to live it. 
People to notice or because we want God to have the glory. 
Galatians 5:25. We have to make the conscious choice
Failing is not fatal. Except for me it is never possible to get back on track. 
Kids always invite people and talk about their faith. 

Another Sermon notes post.  This was from one of my favorite youth, who gave a sermon.  Now I think he went a little hard on Peter, but I think I've said that before.  Peter goes a step further than the other disciples and gets criticized for not going five steps.
I could tell my youth was so nervous, but according to my parents better than the last guest sermon.  I think he had someone help him, which was good because I've seen other people who think it's their one chance and decide to make 20 major points.  Yeah, bad idea.
He said that failure is not fatal.  I have a very hard time believing that because for me they just tend to go like dominoes and how many can you knock down before you can't get up?

No comments:

Post a Comment