Monday, October 14, 2013

Laura Ingalls Wilder play

I remember the farm maybe the one thing my parents not taught me was how to see through my mother's eyes 
manly had a cane during OTWH
Where's my eye candy?
Pa gave lap desk to write about her life
Rocks in their path until they moved to Rocky Ridge
Songs from Pa's fiddle project 

These were my notes during a play about Laura Ingalls Wilder that I saw last summer, and just found again.  I realized I had never written them up.
I thought it was a community play, and it was.  It was a community children's play.  My aunt and I were the only non-relatives there.  It's a little embarrassing, but really I've attended 2 conferences about her - everyone knows I'm a fangirl, I was just hoping I came across as more official than that.
Cap Garland was left out of the Long Winter trip, instead Almanzo and Charles made the trip.  I missed seeing a cute blonde boy.  The play, also, had Pa rather than Almanzo give Laura the lap desk.  I think they fell to the same thing that bothers me about the TV show.  They build Pa up so much, and often at Almanzo's expense.  It was given when they left for Missouri.  It was a 15-16 year old boy that played Almanzo, and he had a cane.  It made me realize how long he was crippled and how it occurred during his prime, which must have been difficult.
During intermission, songs were sang that I recognized having seen Pa's Fiddle Project!
I, also, liked how they portrayed Laura and Rose as different and having their difficulties, but still loving each other.  There was something more specific, but unfortunately I don't remember over a year later.

So there's my quick review of the play!

No comments:

Post a Comment