Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lies

If you know me you know I love Siberian Huskies, so this is my Italian Charm bracelet with the husky charms.  The first three I got at King's Island, and I ordered the other one when I was looking for some Alaska Charms.
Lies - So 10/20 Sermon, more recent with more current thoughts
2 Corinthians 10:3-4
We aren't to tell lies
We spend a lot of time arguing which lies are okay. I can't find a link but in this month's Fraud magazine there's an article that talks about being honest and ethical.  Say someone is going undercover are they lying and being ethical.  It was interesting to read coming so soon after this sermon.
If someone calls you a liar still a horrible name to call people  It really is something that is the way to get someone the most defensive.  Though I hear so many people exaggerate their story and that's still lying!!!
Others call us hypocrites as the reason to not believe and we allow it to continue. I've heard people say that before, and the only way to stop it is to not do it ourselves.  I think we need to hold others accountable as well, but I'm not sure how to do it in a non-jerky way.
Worse thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth  I don't know if I ever thought of it that way, but yeah I can see it's the "Wow you really thought that little of me" reaction.
52% have Lies on our resumes. What does that mean about my situation. Going back to my blog the other day about my diploma.  This really bugs me because I know they assumed that I was part of this majority rather than checking with me to find the truth.
We don't think we are worthy enough to see if we can pass on our own.  When we cheat.  I think it's more the I want to win, and I will make sure that I do through any possible means which brings us to the next comment:
Reap the benefits without the sacrifice  Isn't that what we glorify in practice even if we say we believe this?
Ephesians 4:22-23
Colossians 3
Psalm 19:14 Rodney  "Let the meditations of my heart and of my lips be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord our rock and Redeemer."  The minister when I was little always ended his sermons with this, so I like it when I hear it.  Yeah, the current minister grew up in a different church but with the same minister so I bet the same thing is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment