Sunday, April 7, 2013

F is for Frankenmuth

I thought today I would share one of my favorite vacation spots.  We go to Michigan at least once a year.  y We usually split the drive into two days to spend some time in Frankenmuth.  It's a little Bavarian town with one of the largest Christmas shops in the world.  One of my friends moved to Michigan last summer.  Three of us met her there for a four day weekend last fall.  I thought I'd share some photos to best tell the story.
Bronner's (Christmas store) float from the Christmas parade.

One year there was a hot air balloon festival and balloon glow, such a fun change.

Balloon glow

Dad and Wally Bronner, the founder of the store.  Wally died a few years ago.  He asked where we were from and when we gave the nearby city.  He said now that means suburb A or B.  Yes, A is where we live.

Me and Santa.  I can't tell you how many times I have posed by him.

Part of the Frankenmuth Jellystone campground.  A top notch campground.

Our camper.  This one had so many flat tires we traded it in.

The Bavarian village looking shopping mall.  Just fun touristy stuff.

Balloon glow.  I thought this picture turned out awesome.

Cheese Haus (free samples!) welcome mouse and me.

2 comments:

  1. My son gave me a Bavarian Inn gift card for Christmas. :) I can't wait to go this summer and use it!
    Laura @ The Sweet Simple Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. I don't know if my friends and I are meeting in Frankenmuth or going to our friend's house. My Mom announced that she and my Dad are going to the Cherry Festival. I soooo want to go some time, but that's the weekend I have three day concert tickets, so I don't know if I will get there this year. We're going to Delaware for vacation because I've been to 46 states, and I'd like to cross one more off.

    ReplyDelete