Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Seeds

The below is what I was going to comment on today.  But I just can't concentrate on it.  So let me tell you how the past 24 hours have gone.
My job ends in 56 days.  Keep in mind that there are two holiday weeks in there, where it's doubtful anyone will be interviewing.  As well, on 1/2 year end starts for accounting people and they are too busy to hire anyone.
I heard back from my interview last week.  I didn't get the job.  The hiring manager called to say that I had the ideal, and emphasized ideal, background but they were going with someone else.  I asked how I could improve, and the response was that I haven't worked for large enough companies.  The place I am currently working has over 12,000 employees and only the air force base employees more people in the metro area.  The other company I worked for has 5,000+ in four countries.  Obviously, the response was a lie.
When I have phone interviews, the people in my department are coming up to me and telling me how well I did and how good I sound.  Since they don't have to say it, I would think it's true.
My current boss is giving me a glowing recommendation and has apologized for not hiring me.  The organization doesn't want managers to think they can hire people if they prove there is a need, so the rule is that contract/temp employees aren't to be hired.  However, I know that they may say that, but if you want something enough there is always a way.  It doesn't matter what she says all future employers are going to doubt it because she didn't want me bad enough to find a way around the policy.
I just have to wonder what is so wrong with me in person that no one is willing to hire me.  And what's going to happen to me in 56 days because of it.



Matthew 19:6 
Genesis 49:26 last week (It would be better if I remembered when this was, but I'm getting better at posting them closer to the actual time.)
Luke 8:4-8 
The seeds grew with the thorns and were choked out. 
Those who hear the Word and  life drowns it out so there is no fruit. 
 Finances We need to make deliberate choices ahead of time Otherwise we make choices  based on what we have done. 
 600,000 in interest in our lives based on 24k student loans. 15k credit card  485/month on car loan. 25k saved towards retirement.  Pay cash 
Proverbs 25:28 self control=city walls Worry about offending people but rarely God 
Live on a budget 
Pay off debt Savings Giving 
2 Corinthians 9:6 small sower=small crop and vice versa 
Make all you can. Save all you can. Give all you can. Popular Methodist saying.  I believe it, I try, I hope I succeed in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment