Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Changes

I posted this on Facebook last night, and I thought I would post it here as well.

Hi,
I wanted to write this as a note because I doubted whether I would be able to say it in person what I want to say.  I’ve been trying to take some time and pray to find out what God is calling me to do.  It has in no way been an easy or quick decision for me.  All of you have made a lasting impression on me, and I truly love all of you.

I have enjoyed every minute that I have spent with all of you.  It’s been a once in a lifetime opportunity to define what we wanted Water’s Edge youth group to be.  We’ve spent Sunday evenings talking and learning about each other.  We finally have our own permanent youth room!  We’ve had so much fun hanging out at Ichthus and taking communion there is one of the most powerful things I have ever experienced.  In everything, it was a chance to get to know each other, ourselves, and God better.  It’s amazing to see how much everyone has grown in just a few years.

I love that we have such a tight knit group.  The friends I have made through youth group are truly the friends I’ve found that stay for a lifetime.  I pray that you will find the same thing.

I have been offered the opportunity to be the Water’s Edge treasurer, and I’ve decided to accept it.  To move into that role means that I have to cut back on other things, and for now that means youth ministry.  This is not an easy choice for me as I am very invested in the group and each of you.  However, I know at this point this is a move I need to make.  I will still see you in church every week, and I expect you to say hello J.  Also, please know that I am always available to listen if you need someone to listen.

Love in Christ,
Lauri

No comments:

Post a Comment