Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snow Day

We had a blizzard warning today.  I couldn't tell you the last time we had one.
I was supposed to go to work today.  I left early, stopping to get gas so that it didn't matter how long I had to sit in traffic.  I got on the interstate, which didn't appear to have been touched by the salt trucks that were out all night.  I got about 10 miles.  The roads weren't improving.  Every time a truck or SUV passed me the spray went across my windshield blinding me.  I knew I was approaching accidents and if I couldn't see them...  I turned around and went home.  A couple times the road seemed better, but then it would get worse again.
I spent the day here cleaning up.  I'm off tomorrow, so I should feel better about where I stand by Sunday.
Pray for some of my youth kids, from what I pick up on Facebook, a girl at one of the schools was in an accident with a snowplow and killed.  So horrible - and the day after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment