Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blitzen


Aren’t you proud of me?  I’ve actually posted two blog entries in the past week.  Woo hoo!  I guess I can tell the biggest thing lately.  It is actually something big.  As some of you know, my dog is my baby.  We thought he was developing arthritis.  Not unusual at all in a 10 year old husky.  The vet agreed and decided to run some blood work to make sure the medicine was good for him.  The results came back that he’s a diabetic.  My poor puppy!  He’s going to have to go to the vet almost every day for the next week.  Then we have to give him shots for the rest of his life.  I know it could be much worse, but this is still hard on the puppy.  I know he’s not really a puppy, but he is to me.  I know, but you say the same thing about your kids, right?
Last night, I went to check the prices of the diabetic dog food.  Did you know they now have dog food for specific breeds?  Why would you think your dog needed it?  I talked to the girl at the register, and she said you had to have a prescription.  Why would you need a prescription?  Is there medicine in it?  My father is a diabetic, and we don’t need a prescription to buy food from him.
Do you have any experience to share about diabetic dogs?
And I will definitely take any prayers you would like to offer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry to hear that. :-(
    I'm sure he will do fine with your care, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He's going okay, though he's not happy that he can't have treats anymore.

    ReplyDelete