Saturday, May 1, 2010

Derby Day

First, I think in my last post I talked about working out. It did work - four pounds and three and a half inches lost in April. Still have a long way to go, but hey it's in the right direction.
Today is the running of the Kentucky Derby. I'm not into horse racing, but I have to watch the Triple Crown. One year in college, my Dad and I spent two hours on the phone together watching the race. This was a toll call. After that, my Mom suggested I come home for the weekend. Twenty dollar phone calls were frowned upon. I think I'm goint to pick Super Saver. Calvin Borel has been doing good at the Derby lately, but I'm hesitant to pick a favorite. The favorite never wins at the Derby - I'm not sure why.
Churchhill Downs is just over two hours from here, as is the Kentucky Horsepark. That leads to an interesting feeling. It's almost "our" event. We've toured both. We could go if we wanted. I know people who are going. One year I will. I bought "1,000 places to go before you die: US and Canada" I'd like to do as many as I could and the Derby is included. The Queen has been there. All sorts of celebrities. The tv show will show famous restauranteur, Jeff Ruby attending. The best restaurants around here are Jeff Ruby's. The weather there? Pretty much the weather here. Raining less here than there at the moment, but we will probably get it in a couple hours.
Tell me who is your favorite horse today?

No comments:

Post a Comment