Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Accomplishments

I thought I'd share what I've accomplished since being unemployed.

1. The grout in my bathroom is white! EEWW I know, but it was something that I needed to do. I'm hoping everyone has one of these: the stack of things that need to be gone through. It's not gone, but it is much, much smaller. I'm hoping that if I can get rid of it, that it will be easier to stay on top of it going forward. Shut Up! I know, I know, but at least I can hope.

2. Walking. I have a pedometer that I wear, and I keep trying to push myself to more steps every day. I've been dividing it up into six month periods. Before my battery died last summer, I was averaging 4,906 steps and 269 aerobic steps a day. At the end of the winter which included a month of bronchialspasms, I was averaging 148 aerobic steps and 3,709 steps a day. Today, my average is now 321 aerobic steps and 4,601 steps. I may not be quite where I was for total steps but my aerobic steps are getting better.

3. Speaking of exercising, my last Tennis in No Time is on Thursday. I think I'm improving even if I still have zero ability when it comes to running. Friday night, they are having a party to celebrate. Can you guess what I did? I bought a new outfit! I've always thought tennis skirts were expensive. <http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2806334> Right now, my budget doesn't permit $60 skirts. Okay, except for formal events and coats I've never spent $60 on a piece of clothing. I was talking to one of my classmates who now is wearing a tennis skirt. According to her, Kohl's has them on sale for $15. This fits into my budget quite easily. Mine is a solid navy. Then of course I got one of these shirts for $4.99 in gray with a navy print - I can't find which one it is
My Mom is thrilled. I mentioned to her that the instructor graduated 2 years after me from a different high school. She keeps telling me to go early and flirt. Flirt with the tennis instructor - would it be more cliche?

4. I like to craft. I like to start projects. Maybe one day I'll be able to say I've finished as many projects as I've started. In fall 2008, we went to New Jersey for a week. One day we went to the Point Pleasant. It has a much nicer boardwalk than Atlantic City. We drove down to another outlet to the beach. I found a bunch of shells. I decided to make some shadow boxes with sand and the shells. Right after we got home, I bought the sand at Michael's - and they sat in my closet all this time. I finally put them together last night. Word to the wise - put the hot glue on the box and stick the shell to it. If you line the shell with glue, the heat goes straight through to your hand. I, also, at one point stuck my finger into fresh hot glue. Wow, does that hurt!!! I'm fine now. I am trying to insert a picture here. Let's hope it will be by the description.




What have you accomplished recently?

1 comment:

  1. Nice shadowboxes. It feels good to accomplish things you've been putting off, doesn't it?
    And I agree with your mom...go flirt with that tennis instructor! ;)

    ReplyDelete