Friday, July 29, 2011

Continuing Education

One of the most important things as an auditor is to participate in continuing education. It's not unimportant as an accountant either.
I've come to the point where I need to get something more. I have a few choices, but I'm having trouble focusing on one thing.
MBA - I could get one in Accounting or Marketing. Accounting would probably be more useful, but Marketing might be easier. If I did, I pretty much know where I would apply. I'd need people to write me letters of recommendation and my former company won't let people do that, so it's an issue. I'd also need to get a good score on the GMAT. I'm studying for that, but am trying not to psyche myself out. I hope it would be useful, but I already have an odd education/experience mix.
ARe - Associates in Reinsurance. This is an insurance industry designation that I'm over 60% completed. I'd like to get it finished just to have it. It's a little unusual so I think that would pay off - but what if I never go back to the insurance industry.
CPA - A lot of work to study for the test, but probably something that everyone recognizes and I don't know if there's an accounting/auditing job where it wouldn't help.
CIA - Pretty much the same as a CPA, but certified internal auditor. Equally as prestigious though less well known.
CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner - not really a must have, but useful in auditing, and I hear one of the easier to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment