Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update on me

I’m spending time today working on everything simply because I have so many things today that I want to knock out because I’ve been putting them off so long. It seems like I have been getting some things done, but not as much as I want. That’s a reoccurring theme for me isn’t it? If you have a goal in life that takes a lot of energy, that requires a lot of work, that incurs a great deal of interest and that is a challenge to you, you will always look forward to waking up to see what the new day brings." - Susan Polis Schultz A previous boss used to send out a thought every day. Many days I posted it as a Facebook status. People seemed to enjoy it so I thought I’d post my thoughts about here about this one from Franklin Covey’s thought of the week. But can you support yourself doing it? It seems to say to pursue your goal because it interests you all day. Either that or I liked Jon Acuff’s Quitter too much. His premise is that if you pursue your dream/goal before its time then you compromise it. Or rather if your dream is to be a writer, in his case, he kept his day job as a publicist until the right opportunity came along to support his family. Otherwise, he may have needed to take jobs that didn’t fit his vision because the mortgage or school fees were due. It resonated to me because I think a lot of people don’t think/plan enough and then are puzzled when they fail. It frustrates me because usually people first say they are called by God, but then seem to think that means they don’t have to use their brains. Guess who gave them those brains? It’s April 24, 2012. I’ve yet to post this. There’s got to be something wrong with me that I can’t get an entry done. Or it’s the 25th? I’ll have less time if I study for the CFE Exam. It’s a Certified Fraud Examiner. I've been doing a lot of checking out things online for work and it might be nice to have a designation that says I know what I'm doing or better than saying great online stalking capabilities on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment