Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions. It always seems pointless. If you want to start something, why give January 1 such magic power? You should start it now!
On the other hand, resolutions seem to be something that you “must” talk about on a blog.
I think I’ve talked on here before that I want to find time for everything. I’d say that means I need to do a better job of making priorities, but I know that will never happen.

Become organized. I’m actually almost there with the stuff that bugs me the most, but I know as soon as I say that I’ll get a cold or have meetings a couple nights in a row, and it will go bye-bye.

Become healthier. I’m trying really, really I’m trying. Honestly, right now it seems like I have no energy to do more than get more steps for 6 months than I did the previous six month time frame and to try to choose better food to eat. I need to eat fast food less, but that just doesn’t fit into my schedule.

This sounds like a lot of excuses, which gets back to my point. Make a change when you are motivated to change. Not when the calendar tells you to do so. I think when you do that you are setting yourself up for failure, and then you always fail – so why try?

Do you make resolutions? Do you have a resolution? What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment